Monday, July 24, 2006

Mother warned me....

OK...I know...Mom knows best. She always warned me to leave well enough alone. But noooo. I had to push the envelope and keep asking questions! I should have just kept my mouth shut and enjoyed the moment. You see, we are working with an attorney firm in Guatemala in addition to our adoption attorneys. They work as adoption supervisors. Kind of overseeing everything to help insure a smooth process. They really are a God send and they have been worth their weight in gold. This evening they contacted me about our pending hearing. They had been in contact with our facilitator's office and found out that he expects to visit Puerto Barrios and have the witness statements by Friday after next. Yeah!!! That,..is where I should have shut up. My bad. The rejoicing was short lived. I actually opened my mouth and pushed the envelope. "So this means we will be ready to resubmit?" ( BAM - here it comes) "No, there is much more to be done from here. Next thing is to send the file to the civil registry office, the civil registrar has to issue a declaration of facts, then it goes back to the courts, then it gets sent to the PGN in Puerto Barrios, (they too have to give their opinion), then the file goes back to the courts and the judge will resolve. Once this is done, the new birth certificate gets requested."

What did I tell ya'? Should have left well enough alone. Sorry Mom. I'm kind of dense sometimes.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yup, the good ol' rectification' process. They should just call it 'hot potato' since that is more accurate. The documents go to A then B then C, back to A, then D has to sign showing A saw the documents......Arghhh!!!