Saturday, August 19, 2006

False Hope

Today we received great news!!! I went to check my email. Not really expecting anything. The last time I had spoken to AS, we confirmed that they would not hear any more news until at least the Monday of next week. So I was just going thru the motions, trying to find something to occupy my mind. And there it was...a email from AS. Hmmmm...that's curious. Why would they be writing me today? They started off with the heading that they had great news! There had been something called a detecto issued two days prior and they felt it would help our case. The detecto was basically a sort of free-for-all for all of the people experiencing trouble in completing their rectification from the civil registry's office. Apparently, the government had given the go ahead for everybody to go to the local registry, with birth mother in tow, and the appropriate paperwork would be issued, right there, johnny-on-the-spot. How great is that!?! That would mean we could abandon this whole other mess and hopefully be resubmitted to PGN within a couple of weeks. Oh, my prayers have been answered. Thank you God!

I quickly went to my address book and starting contacting the others that I knew of that were in the same boat. It's a miracle. We have all been given grace!

But, alas, this feeling of euphoria was short lived. Later in the afternoon I received another email from AS. The AS giveth, and the AS taketh. Here he explained that they were just recently given clarification by PGN on the detecto. Apparently it was not the cure all it originally appeared. This quick fix was only for a very minute group. Something about you had to have been born in El Salvador on the 3rd day of February, in the leap year, but before the millenium, and your mother had to be wearing red when you were born....or some such silliness. At any rate, it was fun while it lasted. Imagining that maybe we were approaching the end of this horrible ordeal. Many people have described international adoption as a roller coaster ride from hell. I personally think the description is short of the mark.

Today is Saturday. We are suppose to hear something early next week. Maybe it will be the news we have been waiting for...here's hoping!!!

No comments: