Friday, August 25, 2006

Shhh...a quiet update

I want to give you the update of where we are, but I am afraid. Right now we are in a very good position and I don't want to "jinx" it by talking about it. So maybe if I briefly explain it, without a lot of flash, I can get it to you without calling the attention of the jinx trolls. Here goes....

Just a personal note before I begin....I am doing this under the prompt of a good friend, (you know who you are). If this goes sour, I am holding you responsible.

OK...you remember the false prophet? The decreto? The one that promised to be a fix-all for us and then fell through? Well, it's back! First of all, decreto is spanish for decree. It was a decree issued by their body of government that is simliar to our law makers in the states. It is a temporary decree good for 90 days. When Palomo, our facilitator, went to Puerto Barrios last week, he was to plead with the courts for a date or the local PGN to allow us to finish the notarial way. But, instead he came back with a new birth certificate, by way of decreto. He is going to try and get us PGN approval with this new birth certificate. I have asked the AS if they think this will fly. They have given me a very honest, "I don't know." It seems we have a 50/50 chance. Either yes or no, (hmmm, brilliant). SOOOO, we were resubmitted to the ever dreadful, all consuming, PGN Thursday. Go ahead. You can squeal sounds of delight, but please do it quietly, you never know who's listening. I have been walking on cloud nine since we have gotten the news. My conservative side has repeated to me many times, "don't count your chickens..." and my happy go-lucky, let's celebrate side has said, "Oh life's too short. Go ahead and party, someone will pick up the trash tomorrow." That leaves us walking a balancing act of cautious celebration. We should know in about four weeks if they will allow this process. I pray they will. He occupies my every thought and if will alone was enough to get him here, he would have come home a long time ago.

So, please keep this in you prayers..pray that they will accept this rectification with the decreto and they approve our case soon. It wouldn't hurt to cross your fingers and rub your rabbit's foot either.

waiting "patiently",
Gayle

No comments: